Currently Available Positions
Position Title: Transportation Coordinator
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. As a Tennessee nonprofit organization, our
mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and
community after incarceration. For over four decades, Project Return has been doing its prisoner reentry
work based in Nashville, generating employment opportunities, as well as providing a broad array of
relationship-based, wraparound assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the
determination to make a new beginning after incarceration.
The Transportation Coordinator will transport crews of Transitional Employees to worksite(s) in middle
Tennessee. The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the work crew arrives and
departs according to the route and schedule approved by the PROe Manager. The Transportation
Coordinator will abide by Project Return’s Company Driver Policy and will follow standard safe practices for
motor vehicle operations.
The ideal Transportation Coordinator demonstrates defensive driving (i.e. “driving to save lives, time, and
money in spite of the conditions around them and the actions of others”); is an effective communicator;
keeps accurate records of work crew attendance; and is effective at fostering caring, professional
relationships with Project Return participants and Employment Partners and other agency constituents.
Essential Performance Expectations:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain Defensive Driving certification as required and provided by Project
Return and ensure/perform the necessary precautions/responses
- Ensure that Transitional Employees follow safe passenger practices
- Adhere to all provisions contained within Project Return’s Company Vehicle Policy
Work Crew Coordination
- Transport work crew to worksites according to the approved route and schedule
using a Project Return vehicle
- Ensure worksite duties are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
Record Keeping & Communication:
- Communicate with participants regarding schedule and route
- Communicate with Staff regarding Participant performance and service needs
- Accurately maintain documentation of participants’ time worked for all participants and self per
Project Return’s procedures
- Promptly notify the PROe Manager of any matter that adversely affects the operation of the work
crew (e.g. schedule conflicts, transportation predicaments, participant performance problems, and
Transitional Employment Partner requests).
- In cases of emergency, notify Project Return immediately after taking necessary emergency
- Commitment to the mission of Project Return
- Valid Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and driving record clear of a DUI conviction or more
than two moving violations within the last three years
- Ability to travel in and around middle Tennessee according to organization needs
- Access to mobile phone for communication regarding schedule changes and other situations
- Experience in communicating with and mentoring a diverse group of disadvantaged adults,
fostering positive relationships and high morale
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict appropriately and handle crisis situations as they arise
To apply email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Return helps people who are coming back from prison. Our mission is to provide services and connect people with resources needed to return successfully to work and community after incarceration. For almost four decades, Project Return has been doing the work of prisoner reentry in Nashville: facilitating job search, job placement, and job retention, as well as providing wraparound intensive case management and a broad array of assistance and support, for people who come to Project Return with the determination to make a new beginning after incarceration. They face nearly insurmountable barriers. Our days are filled with triumph and hard work!
- Supervises a crew of Project Return participants in the delivery of lawn care and property maintenance services on contract properties.
- Trains new team members as they join the crew on essential lawn care and property maintenance duties and safety procedures.
- Connects and Communicates with Transitional Employment Managers and Transitional Employment Coaches about participant service needs and job performance, as well as maintaining communication regarding operational needs for contract quality assurance.
- Transports participants to/from the job sites in company vehicle.
- Drives truck or passenger van with trailer to transport riding lawnmower
- Provides oversight, assigns task, performs quality assurance and participates as needed in lawn care such as: mowing, weed eating, shrub-trimming, mulching, sod laying, planting, watering, leaf and snow removal, etc.
- Provides oversight, assigns task, performs quality assurance and participates as needed in property maintenance and light construction duties such as: cleaning, sanitizing, painting, spackling, repairs, and demolition, etc.
- Ensures completion of assignments in accordance with schedule and quality standards, and communicates to management about contributing factors to such, including schedule, crew performance, supply and equipment needs, etc.
- Keeps accurate records of daily jobs and hours worked for timely submission to Transitional Employment Manager for payroll.
- Supports, nurtures, and coaches participants as they prepare to transition to long-term employment; refers them to agency staff for services; and communicates with staff about participants’ performance and service needs.
- Maintains a valid driver license with a good driving record and upon hire will complete Defensive Driver Certification which will be arranged and paid by Project Return.
- Is knowledgeable of the equipment and techniques essential to job duties listed above.
- High School Diploma
To apply email resume to email@example.com
All Project Return job openings are posted on the CNM Jobs board. (https://www.cnm.org/job-board/)
(Click here) and for volunteering opportunities email Project Return at: [email protected]